Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Magic Mountain

Southern California is the land of theme parks. With Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farm, and Universal Studios they are just all over the place. But for all out thrills, the hands down tops is Magic Mountain. So today, Perry and I headed up to enjoy the thrills.

I'm sorry to say this was my first time in about 25 years. The last time I went I was 52 inches tall (I know because I could ride on both the kid coasters and the adult ones) and the only roller coasters they had were Gold Rusher, Revolution, and Colossus. (I think they had Freefall too, but that wasn't exactly a roller coaster.) Since then many more have been added and some have both come and gone, but those three were still there and we went on all of them.

We also went on Viper, Ninja, Goliath, and Batman the Ride. We ducked out on Superman (another not quite a roller coaster), Scream, X2, Riddler's Revenge, and Tatsu because the lines looked longer than the value of the thrill. Of course our longest two waits (Goliath and Batman) were also our favorites, so the other long rides might have been worth it.

We had a thoroughly good time, though if I were to do it again I would run for one of the big rides while opening the park. (We started with Revolution and Viper which we got on almost immediately, but it meant that by the time we hit the big rides they already had waits of over an hour. We were there early enough that we probably could have made a break for X2 and been on within 1/2 an hour. Oh well.) I would also try to be in one of the big lines when the park closed, but Perry didn't really want to stay an hour after closing to wait out a line. Still, I think it was a good vacation activity.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Sounds like a really good time! I'm looking forward to taking the kids to Disneyland and hope they are troopers and last the whole day. Maybe we can get together for dinner or something while we're there!