Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Lee's Clothing Guide for Work and Church

I've noticed friends and cousins talk about redressing their husbands so I thought I'd write about what my wife did for me. A few months ago, I came home from work and Staci informed me that there was a note for me on the bed. I'm always skeptical when someone wants to tell me something indirectly. It is rarely good, but this time was not too bad.

Lee's Clothing Guide for Work and Church
Pants: Brown, Black, Green, Tan, Blue
Socks: Black, Tan, Blue (Forget about WHITE)



Black belt and black shoes are always worn with black pants (NOT Brown). Black belt and black shoes may be worn with tan and green, NOT Brown or Blue. Brown shoes and brown belt may be worn with green, blue, brown, and tan pants.

Suggestions for making your clothes last longer:
Don't sleep in your work clothes.
If soiled, soak in cold water as soon as possible.
Change into weekend clothes (shorts, jeans) when not working.
When working in the yard, wear weekend shoes.


  • Assignments: Try on the new clothes today or tomorrow to show great appreciation to your wife. Let her be the judge (along with you) of what fits. Sew some colored thread on the tip of the blue socks so they can easily be identified by you in your drawer. GO shopping with Staci to buy some new church shoes.

Dress for Success!

Now of course, a lot of that I knew and a fair bit of it I didn't. A lot of what I knew I had been ignoring both because I still think our society is horrendously over occupied with clothing and appearance and because I am lazy. I was a little anoyed (hence posting this to mock the both of us) but also appreciative that she cares enough to do something like this. And yes, I did my assignments. (Well, I didn't sew the colored thread in the blue socks and they are still hard to tell from the black socks in the morning.) I can't tell much difference, but she can so again thank you sweetheart. :)

4 comments:

Kristi said...

I got to work right away on Andy when we met. A lot of what I wanted didn't happen until after we were married (haircut and glasses being changed), but he agrees he looks better now and I think appreciated the help. So good for Staci and good for you too!!

Arnold said...

I think this is great as far as it goes but what about light and dark gray pants. And during the summer will we get an update for shorts and (white) running shoes? Hopefully, we can wear our white sox then. Honestly, we fashion impaired have no clue so we appreciate the assistance but you have to be gentle since what you're really saying is "You have looked awful for years."

tFool said...

I think the advice was intentionally limited to my work wardrob. Since I don't own much in the light and dark grey category and I won't be going to work in shorts and sandles I'm afraid that just got overlooked.

PLove said...

I am lazy about clothes in general so I just bought 3 more pairs of black slacks. I fudge it on the socks but I somehow doubt that anyone other than my wife is noticing my socks. For an interview or something I would agree with Stacy but for church I think tie selection is the overriding factor.