Friday, August 29, 2008

Well, Poo!!!

I got the call this morning telling me that I did not get the full time position at LACC. Since I hadn't heard anything yesterday and knew they would want to announce it today at the whole faculty meeting, I wasn't surprised. In fact I was very glad to find out before I left for the meeting rather than when the announcement was made.

The candidate selected was the one I had seen and who I figured had the strongest Astronomy background. Since that was mentioned as one of the things they were looking for I wasn't surprised. I also found out that I had correctly guessed who the other finallist was.

I had some fun getting in some jabs about him being the one chosen and me being left out. (He says he is suffering survivor's guilt. You'll forgive me if I don't feel much sympathy.)

But the good news is I did well and I still have several assignments. Cerritos will readvertise soon and Pierce College will also be looking soon.

No comments: