Monday, May 25, 2009

Gone Walkabout

Pierce College where I work is unique among the campuses of the Los Angeles Community College District in that it is the agricultural campus. It is by far the larges campus with most of it being undeveloped or fields and grazing land. A few weeks ago I decided to take about an hour to go and enjoy it. So here are some pictures from my trip.

This is the first field closest to campus. The first barns and another part of the field pointing up towards the stadium.



Next I passed some cows luxuriating in the shade.


It's easy to forget how close to the urban environment we are sometimes. But the apartments in the background are a quick reminder.
The pond is a favorite place to go on a small hike or cross country run.


Finally a few pictures from the walk back. The valley is really a beautiful place. Especially when the smog drops down for a bit.

2 comments:

Arnold said...

I'm curious about what sort of camera you are using? It creates pictures that appear watercolored rather than digital images. Not necessarily a bad effect, when desired.

tFool said...

Actually, I'm just using my cell phone. It is more likely to be on me and have a working battery than my actual camera. I figured the effect was just the combination of bright light, low resolution, and nothing to shade the lens.